SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Gift Shop Manager is responsible for the management of the Gift Shop including accountability for all cash receipts, deposits, and inventory management. This will be a 5-6 hour per day position as items for purchase will need to be inventoried and ordered.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director of Volunteers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers
- Managing budget including expenditures and receipts
- Properly record, report, and submit sales proceeds to finance on a timely basis.
- Monitor inventory and bi-annual inventory reconciliation.
- Order products to be sold in the Gift Shop
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Interaction with customer
- Overseeing pricing and stock control
- Maximizing profitability and setting/meeting sales targets
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Preparing promotional materials and displays
- Ensure cleanliness of the gift shop
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Desire to learn and being creative
- Organizational skills and the ability to keep financial records
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The ability to be on one’s feet for a long period of time
Interested Individuals should contact S. Irene Dunn at Dunni@stjosephvilla.org by May 11th